You can send patches to notmuch’s mailing list but pull requests on github are preferred. Here are a few more things you should know and check before you send pull requests:
- Follow PEP 8. This means in particular a maximum linewidth of 79 and no trailing white spaces. If in doubt, use an Automatic tool (, , ) to verify your code.
- Document! Needless to say, we want readable and well documented code. Moreover,
- use sphinx directives to document the parameters and return values of your methods so that we maintain up-to-date API docs.
- Make sure your patch doesn’t break the API docs. The build service at readthedocs.org is fragile when it comes to new import statements in our code.
- If you implemented a new feature, update the user manual in